Soundings is the sister company to Fluid Design Ltd. Soundings is a thriving and growing Shoreditch based consultancy with over 15 years’ experience focusing on community and stakeholder engagement, consultation and co-design and cutting edge, high profile urban projects. We are looking for a massively enthusiastic and talented Digital designer/Front-End Developer to join our team, based in central London. Someone with min 3 years experience who also has an eye for design and is at ease working alongside graphic designers and in bringing to life complex online layouts.
You will be joining a design team and work directly with the creative director to help deliver high-quality responsive websites. The role will cover a range of channels including: Newsletter design. WordPress based websites, HTML development for Display Banners (Media), Feedback forms and etc.
– At least 3 years digital design experience
– BA(Hons) in Digital Design, Graphic Design, Graphic Communications or related field.
– Ability to develop and execute outstanding interactive design concepts
– A solid knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress and Front-End Tools ( incorporating video, sound and interactive elements. )
– Experience using PHP (mainly Front End) & PHP Framework
– Email/newsletter/online feedback form construction
– Experience of mobile design and device optimisation – Ensuring that user journeys across mobile and desktop products are responsive and adaptive and meet the needs of the business
– Experience with popular CMS engines like WordPress
Key Qualities & Skills:
– High attention to details, with a strong visual aesthetic
– Potential experience for creating animations
– Ability to work under pressure
– Ability to work across multiple projects
– Strong digital UX/UI Design
– Excellent appreciation of Typography, Colour and Layout
– A solid understanding of Adobe softwares (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
– Strong communication skills
– Pro-active and motivated
– Team player
£30,000 – £40,000 per annum | Depending on experience
Six months probation, permanent post on offer on satisfactory completion
25 days annual holiday (and public holidays)